Thursday, November 12, 2009

Daredevil Kitty!

My 6 month old kitten Socket has turned into quite the daredevil. My bf has been working on my new truck in the garage lately and Socket goes out to explore and get into trouble. The other day, when Jay left the garage for a bit, he came back to find the cat up on the garage door track's (I have no clue what they are actually called).

At first, we were unsure as to how the heck he got up there and tried to get him down. As Jay went for a chair, the cat looked as though he was going to jump, so I was standing beneath him in case he fell, but then he turned around and jumped onto the hood of the car. Crazy cat. Not long after that, he once again jumped up on the rafters; however, this time Jay saw how he got up there. He does in fact climb up the hood of the truck and then jumps up onto the garage door tracks.






Later that evening, I noticed the cat had some fur missing from his neck and it looked like a cut. I have no idea where it came from, but at some point he hurt himself. We'll have to keep an eye on it to ensure he doesn't scratch it and make it worse. At the moment he is booked in to get neutered on Wednesday. I told Jay that he has to take the cat in as I won't be able to do it and leave him there. Knowing me, I'd burst into tears when Socket looks back at me as I walk out of the vet. Sad I know.

It's the same reason I am unable to go into an SPCA. The reason I bring that up is because apparently Socket wants a brother as Jay says. So we are in the process of looking for another kitten under 6 months in age. Ideally we will adopt one, but I told Jay that I cannot go into the SPCA to choose just one because I would end up coming home with them all. I always think about "well if I take this one, what about that one." What can I say, I am a sucker for animals. Because we are getting another kitten, we decided it is time for Socket to get neutered. I will keep you updated on how our search is going!

No comments: