Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Clearing the Cobwebs

A perfect morning, with cooler temperatures, partly cloudy skies and a morning run through local trails. The runner glides smoothly along the trail when all of a sudden she gets a spider web right across the face.... and then across an arm.... and then another one across the face. She can feel the webs hanging off of her blowing in the wind collecting more webs as she goes along.

Uhh yeah, that sounds much nicer than it actually was. The one down side about early morning trail runs is that generally no one else has walked the trail yet, leaving me to clear the cobwebs for everyone else coming along. Yuck. I don't know about you, but getting spider webs, especially across the face, is a disgusting feeling. Gotta love running down the trail with 1 arm raised in front of the face. I hit so many spider webs this morning that I ended up running the last 1/3 of the trail into the park like that. May not look pretty, but I'd rather collect the webs on my arm than my face =)

No comments: