Friday, September 3, 2010

Family Reunion 2010

Last weekend my dad and step mom hosted a family reunion up in Qualicum Beach. I have a complicated family that includes 1 real sister, 1 half brother, 1 half sister and a whole whack of step brothers and step sisters. All of which are all older than me so I am not really that close to most of them except my real sister. It has also been a long time since my step mom's kids and all of my dad's kids have been all together. The last time was their wedding in 1995; however, that aspect will have to wait as only 1 of my step mom's 4 kids were able to make it. All 4 of my dad's kids made it though so it was great to see all of those who did make it.

Everyone else arrived in Qualicum on Friday night, but since I worked Friday night, I came on Saturday. I was a bit delayed in my arrival as well considering I had to get in my long run prior to the events. I eventually made it though and it was good to see everyone.

Events included lunch, then some baseball beanbag where the kids whooped the adults butts.




Winning team



After beanbag baseball we headed over to the beach for the rest of the afternoon. Such a beautiful day, though slightly windy which made it cold.





Events at the beach included "tickle fights"



This little guy, basically one of my nephews would attack anyone his dad said to. We even thought he was going to attack 2 random people on the beach after he said to. Luckily he stopped before he did though!



Step brother and his nephew kite flying



How cute is this one!



Adults relaxing



Me!



He'll kill me if he knows I posted this, but here is me and Jason



Dad and his 4 kids! My half brother still hasn't grown up apparently ;)


Finally a nice shot!



Can't forget my 2 nieces. I wasn't there for art session, so these along with a few other photos posted above were stolen from my sister (thanks sis)!





After the beach we had dinner at a local hotel restaurant and then back to my dad's for dessert. My half sister and brother eventually left with their kids, leaving just the adults who played a game before we all eventually headed off. Everyone else stayed in Qualicum, while Jason and I came home. The next day they all had breakfast at my dad's before heading to their own homes. I unfortunately had to work on the Sunday, which is why we came home Saturday night. Luckily it is only a 45 minute drive or so!

Overall a fun day. I rarely get to see my nieces and nephews, which is unfortunate. I really should go visit them more often, but sometimes it is hard. I get busy on my days off with training and errands and sometimes I just want to relax. I cherish the time I do get to see them though!

PS. 1 sick sneezing kitty has now turned into the other kitty sneezing. But the first one is almost better. I guess it didn't help that sick kitty #1 would sneeze is sick kitty #2's face, so needless to say I was kind of expecting it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"A few" of the shots are your sister's? MOST of the shots are your sister's. Where are yours??