Thursday, October 8, 2009

Figures



With only 3 sleeps until my race, I wake up with a sore throat and a stuffed up head. Are you kidding me? Now? It figures. It's not the first time this has happened. In fact, for the past week or so I have been fighting a runny nose. I thought maybe it was just allergies or something as it wouldn't go away and then last night, I started to feel a bit stuffed up in the nose. I took some nyquil and Neocitran last night before bed and then woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat. I went back to sleep with a halls tucked in the side of my cheek. Yeah I know it is not safe, but it definitely soothes my throat.

As of now I am trying to push the fluids, especially Orange Juice and am hoping for the best. Anyone have any tips how to fight a cold fast? I know a cold has to run its course, but what are your tips to fight off the symptoms and still be able to run a great race/workout? BTW, I don't have a temperature so its not the H1N1 (Swine) Flu.

No comments: