Saturday, October 17, 2009

Cake Time!

As D would say, it's cake time for a celebration of me!!!! So as of today I am not 28, will I remember that when people ask how old I am? Normally it takes me a few times until I remember right off the bat that I am 28. Fall is not being nice to me on my birthday, as it has been pissing rain pretty much all day. The rain did stop eventually and the sun tried to break through the clouds, but of course this happened when I no longer was required to be outside.

This morning I woke up and headed off to NDSS's cross country practice where I stood under an umbrella in the rain for about 75 minutes. Then I headed off to the track where I completed my own workout, with the rain stopping briefly, but otherwise varying between raining hard and lighter.

Coach gave me the workout and my first thought was "what a great birthday present workout" being sarcastic of course, but it wasn't a huge deal to me. It was a workout that needed to be completed, not a huge deal that it was on my birthday. Then I woke up this morning and had an email that said "I forgot it was your birthday, happy birthday and you can put off the workout until tomorrow if you want." Instead, I just decided to get the workout done and over with and it went well. I don't mind running in the rain as it wasn't overly cold.

In saying that, I am off to take a nap before heading to dinner!

2 comments:

D said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaapppppppy Birthday!!!!

Strangely enough my word verification is haters. hmmm.

t-odd said...

Happy Belated Birthday!