Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Blowin' In the Wind

I have quite a few options to blog about; however, I have opted to spread them out over a few blog entries rather than have a long post with all the info and then have nothing to blog about for a few days. It is going to be hard not to mention a few things though as they are pretty exciting (at least to me).

I was scheduled for a track workout today and I must say that I was less than thrilled about the workout once I looked outside and saw the crazy wind. I thought to myself "It can't be that bad" but boy was I wrong. When I arrived at the track, it was howling. And of course the finish straight was were the headwind was.

After a warm up and some drills, I jumped into the workout. I must say the workout was tough and once I hit the headwind down the final 100m, it felt as though my pace just stalled even though the effort was just as hard if not harder. Once I was done the workout, I had to stop to take a video of the wind just so I could prove to my coach that my times definitely did not reflect the effort which was put in.




Not much else to say today. Tomorrow my NDSS High School cross country team has their Island High School Championships in which they will attempt to run their hearts out in order to qualify for the BC High School Championships on November 7th. The top 20 individuals along with the top 4 teams will qualify. We have a variety of Grade 8's through 12's competing, even though generally, it is a senior high race which is specifically for grade 11 and 12. Fingers crossed we can get both a girls and boys team qualify, but if not, I hope we get at least a few individuals to qualify. Good luck to my team!

Lastly, I will leave you with a photo of Socket. I may have put the cover from my stack of blank dvd's over his head. What? lol, he was curious about it and then once I put it on his head, he sat there for long enough that I could grab my camera and take a photo. I don't think he knew what to do, but this picture does make me laugh everytime I see it. The photo is a bit dark as I didn't have time to get the flash ready, but you get the point.


PS. Torch relay uniform photos to come in future posts!

No comments: