Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Greatest Man I have Known

Christmas Day 2010!


It is with a heavy heart and many tears that I must say goodbye to my Grandpa. I just found out about an hour ago that he passed away peacefully in his sleep this morning at the local hospital. You see, we spent Christmas Day Evening up at his and my Grandma's place for Christmas dinner. He was full of life and his typical self. The following day, he fell while trying to navigate his double below the knee amputation around the kitchen while trying to get lunch. This fall resulted in a broken hip. He had surgery on Monday with minimal anesthetic and a spinal as he does not react well to being put under. He made it through the surgery well so we held hope, but unfortunately lost his battle this morning. He was 89 (90 in May). Christmas won't be the same without you Grandpa. =(

89th Birthday Celebration in May 2010
88th Birthday Celebration in May 2009
 

At my Mom and Don's wedding in August 2008. 


Christmas 2007

 
RIP GRANDPA!!! I love you always!

1 comment:

Keith Mills said...

Erin, my thoughts are with you during tough times, but your memory of such positive times and good vibes bring a smile to the face.