Friday, August 30, 2013

Special Performance

A week ago today I was lucky enough to attend a special charity performance for the Shadow's Foundation here in Flagstaff. As per their website "The Shadows Foundation mission is to provide financial assistance and support services to Flagstaff and Northern Arizona residents. Shadows seeks to meet the needs of individuals and their families affected by life threatening disease and illness when they need it most."

After a Alicia and Cat turned down AJ's invitation, I was the last one left (lucky or unlucky one?) and I decided sure why not. Set to perform was comedian Scott Henry, local band Telescope and America's Got Talent 2012 finalist David Garibaldi and the CMYK's. I was right near the end of making dinner, having ate half of it already, and literally was told "we have to go now." I threw on a jacket and away I went in my casual clothes, only to get there and see many of the Flagstaff ladies were fully dressed up! Awkward!

The show ended up being pretty great. Scott Henry was hilarious and even the local band Telescope was great. Not sure I had heard them before, but I enjoyed it. Next up was the premier act, David Garibaldi and the CMYK's. If you ever watched last year's America's Got Talent you will remember him as the artist who paints pictures to music. Generally he paints portraits and the way he does it is quite fascinating. My only regret (other than my utter casual attire) was that I didn't bring my phone or camera to get some photos of his work. I will have to steal some internet video instead. 




Comedian Scott Henry- A lot of this act was performed. He has apparently been on Chelsea Lately, but I don't watch that show so I can't comment.


Telescope was up next, here is a sample of their music 


Then David Garibaldi and the CYMK's

Einstein 


Elvis


Statue of Liberty (though he did the performance and painting slightly different)


He did a few other paintings as well, then ended the show with David painting a picture inspired by the Shadow's Foundation logo along with live music from Telescope. 



In the end it was a great night. Stay tuned for some more updates about training in Flagstaff! 

No comments: