Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy 1 year Anniversary

May 13th marked my 1 year return to running post injury last year. I started out with 15 minutes of running. I looked at my Garmin history and thought that May 27th was my first run back; however, something told me that I had started back earlier than that. I looked up my training records and saw that I initially started May 13th. 

How did I celebrate? By running my worst and most slowest half marathon in many years. A race report is going to follow shortly. It's mostly written, but I want to throw some photos into it. The results of that race have now resulted in a short break from running. It is hard because the weather is so gorgeous, but I know that my body needs it and it will be a good thing in the end. I haven't had much of a break in the last year. 

Enjoy the sunshine/trails and roads for me. Stay tuned for the race report as well. =)

1 comment:

mfranks said...

Umm so I ran a slow 10K this weekend too. I had a mile slower than marathon pace, and 2 miles slower than H-M pace. I think maybe Canadian Championships took more out of us then we realized. Enjoy the break, I will be taking one soon.
-M